- 1 lb. venison roast or cutlets, sliced in thin strips
- ¼ c. lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp. cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 sweet pepper, diced
- 4-6 large flour tortillas
- ¼ c. fresh cilantro
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 c. corn-on-the-cob (cut off)
- 1 tomato, diced
- ½ lb. grated cheese (pepper or Monterey jack)
Fresh Fruit Chipotle
- 1 medium clove garlic
- 2 Tbs. fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- ¼ tsp. salt ¼ tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chipotle pepper (or more to taste)
- 1½ c. fresh fruit (pineapple, apple, strawberry, kiwi or mango)
Mix marinade ingredients and add venison strips. Let marinate for 30 minutes or longer.
Place all chipotle ingredients in food processor and chop.
Saute venison in a small amount of oil until nearly done, then add onion and pepper and cook slightly. Set aside to build quesadillas.
Add a small amount of oil to a skillet or griddle and warm. Place cheese on half of tortilla shell and add some of the meat mixture. Top with fresh cilantro and other favorites such as tomato, black beans and corn. Fold over and grill on both sides until golden and warmed through. Serve with fresh fruit chipotle.