This 85-acre lake was constructed in 1922 by horse-drawn scrapers as a water supply for Hamilton. The dam was raised in 1954 and again in 1982 to bring the lake to its current size. The reservoir is surrounded by 194 acres of city-owned land which provides a good setting for picnicking, bird-watching, and nature viewing. A walk-in campground (primitive) maintained by the city is available to campers on the western side of the lake. Since enrollment in the Community Assistance Program, the Missouri Conservation Department has added a handicap accessible parking lot, privy, fishing dock, and concrete boat ramp. Hamilton City Reservoir provides fishing opportunities for largemouth bass, bluegill, crappie, hybrid striped bass and channel catfish. Channel catfish and hybrid striped bass are stocked periodically by the Conservation Department.
From Hamilton, take Business Highway 36 west 1 mile, then NW Golf Course Drive north to lake.
3CSR 10-12 101 Title; Authority
Chapter 12 of the Wildlife Code applies to this area. This area is not owned by the Missouri Department of Conservation. The information provided reflects regulations for activities regulated under a cooperative agreement between the Missouri Department of Conservation and the owner of the area. For more information on any activity not listed below, contact the area owner at the phone number listed in the area details section.
3CSR 10-12 110 Use of Boats and Motors
Boats may be used on this area.
Only electric motors may be used.
3CSR 10-12 130 Fishing, General Provisions and Seasons
Fishing is prohibited on some areas managed under a cooperative agreement with the Department, but allowed on others. Special regulations may apply to fishing. To determine the fishing regulations for this area, consult the Missouri Code of State Regulations in Chapter 12 of the Wildlife Code.